Travelling with a toddler will be a bigger problem than what you have ever thought even in your wildest imagination. They seldom keep quiet and often start whining for petty problems. And very often you need to take them in your lap, which means carrying an extra baggage that requires maximum attention.
Here is a list of some effective tips on what you should pack in during a trip with your toddler and believe me that have helped me a lot and will also make things a lot easier for other parents.
- Toys are toddlers’ favorite. Pack in a few of them that they play with at home. That distraction is really important to keep them busy during your trip.
- Pack in books. Surprised? Toddlers also love books which have a lot of colorful pictures. Give the books to your little champs, they will never complain about anything even if the car is stuck in a jam for a long time.
- If you are visiting a place where mercury has dropped down significantly, don’t forget to pack in blankets. Throw two blankets into your bag. Make sure you are carrying a security blanket as you will need it to spread on the floor or protect your baby from chill.
- Are you still using a breast pump? If yes, get one of travelling type when you are travelling by car.
- When you are visiting a beach city or town, remember to carry sunscreen and a bathing suit for not only yourself but also your toddler. Also bring sunglasses and a small hat as well.
- Get a car seat from a shop or on rent. They are specially designed for the toddlers. They make travelling a lot safer for the kids. Travel accessories are also available for your toddler’s car seat.
- Remember to pack in a few extra outfits as there is a chance that your toddler may have a diaper leak or spit up during your journey.
- I used to carry at least one diaper per hour of journey whenever I took my traveler on my trip. That will meet your requirements even if you are caught in traffic jam.
- Extra bottles, Sippy cups and Nipples are among the most important things to pack in your bag. This is because, you need to have backup if one gets dirty and it is difficult for you to access restroom for washing bottles, sippy cups and nipples.
Actually, there are a lot of things to pack in order to ensure safety and good health for your toddler and also to keep it in cheerful mood during its journey.